Hanwha Phasor is currently recruiting Principal Satellite System Architect to lead the design activities of satellite phased array antenna for communication satellites. This is a senior role that requires extensive experience in satellite antenna and transceiver design.
- Analyse and develop product and technical requirements from customers.
- Perform trade studies and system design to create top-level system requirement.
- Perform internal and external design reviews to ensure that requirements are captured and implemented correctly in system design.
- Develop test campaigns that validate and verify the system design.
- Create comprehensive responses to RFIs/RFPs, including developing presentations to describe the technical approach in a clear manner.
- Work collaboratively with the antenna, hardware and software teams to define system requirement down to subsystems and hardware/software level.
- Work collaboratively with a project manager to create high level plan covering design, development, testing and manufacturing according to the satellite design lifecycle.
- Coach and mentor less experienced satellite system engineers.
- Actively promote best practices in system engineering.
Essential qualifications and skills
- Extensive experience in communications satellite design lifecycle, e.g., the European Space Agency ECSS-E-ST-10C.
- Extensive experience in multi-beam satellite phased array antenna design.
- Extensive experience in satellite RF front-end design.
- Experience with satellite communications technologies, such as link budgets, beam hopping, etc.
- Experience in multi-beam satellite phased array antenna design in X and Ka-band.
- Experience in satellite RF front-end design in X and Ka-band.
London Technology Centre:
- Based in modern, open-plan offices in the vibrant area of Hatton Garden, with great views of the City of London from several spacious balconies with outdoor seating.
- Excellent transport connections: Farringdon, City Thameslink and Kings Cross St Pancras overground stations within walking distance; Chancery Lane and Farringdon tube stations within a five-minute walk.
- Showers, cycle racks, lockers and a coffee shop on site. Workspace networking and social events throughout the year.
- With the City, Covent Garden and Embankment close by, there's plenty to do at lunchtimes and after work.
- Leather Lane street food market is right on our doorstep, with the usual chains close by.