Hanwha-Phasor are developing an airborne Ku band SatCom solution for commercial passenger aircraft. This will have the unique capability to connect to all potential satellite networks. The design must meet the demanding requirements of the commercial airline industry, including safety, reliability and through life cost, in order to be successful.
The purpose of the role is to plan and implement the development of logistics support to lower the AESA life cycle cost, initially in the aviation sector (maritime and land sector will follow), to decrease demand for logistics by designing an optimised built in test and maintenance system. This role will report to the Head of System Design and will be intimately involved in the design of the AESA in the areas of safety, reliability, maintainability and supportability, resulting in overall customer satisfaction.
- Identify and develop ILS requirements within the AESA system requirements for installation, maintenance, reliability, built in test, repairs and spares.
- Carry out technical investigations and analysis on the AESA system from the perspective of ILS to provide data for design improvements.
- Act as the subject matter expert within Hanwha Phasor on matters related to safety, reliability and maintenance.
- Create and maintain the Hanwha Phasor reliability management process and plan.
- Review and evaluate the inherent logistics requirements of existing AESA systems, providing comments on requirement documents, design documents and test reports.
- Collaborate within engineering and with production, procurement and quality assurance teams to integrate logistics considerations into the product development and design process.
- Identify and analyse potential logistics issues, risks, and challenges, and propose solutions to enhance product supportability and minimize disruptions.
- Serve as technical advisor on logistics within organisation.
- Assist in the development of cost estimates, cost evaluations, programmatic evaluations, risks management planning, development of program management requirements, and work statements.
- Participate in the development of maintenance and training programs for end-users, ensuring that technical documentation, manuals, and training materials are accurate and accessible.
- Monitor and evaluate product performance data and customer feedback to identify trends and recommend improvements to the product design and support processes.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in logistics and integrated support to drive innovation and efficiency.
Essential qualifications and skills
- A degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Engineering or Science equivalent work-based qualifications.
- 10+ years in ILS (or related) roles in the aerospace industry and avionics maintenance.
- Excellent understanding of the reliability concepts such as DFMEA, FMECA, MTBF and its application.
- Experience operating within a quality management system.
- Experience of EASA or FAA civil aviation certification
- Experience of carrying out aircraft maintenance
- Experience of installing and maintaining satcom equipment on aircraft
London Technology Centre:
- Based in modern, open-plan offices in the vibrant area of Hatton Garden, with great views of the City of London from several spacious balconies with outdoor seating.
- Excellent transport connections: Farringdon, City Thameslink and Kings Cross St Pancras overground stations within walking distance; Chancery Lane and Farringdon tube stations within a five-minute walk.
- Showers, cycle racks, lockers and a coffee shop on site. Workspace networking and social events throughout the year.
- With the City, Covent Garden and Embankment close by, there's plenty to do at lunchtimes and after work.
- Leather Lane street food market is right on our doorstep, with the usual chains close by.