We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineer up to senior level to complement the existing design team playing a significant part in the product development of a novel phased array antenna system. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic London-based technology company developing and delivering complex and innovative products into the aerospace, maritime and land mobile industries.
As a member of the hardware development team, your primary role will be to help develop, verify and maintain/upgrade test and screening solutions for Hanwha Phasor’s next generation custom RFICs being developed for Phased Array Antenna products. The role requires a self-motivated engineer who has a strong background and experience in the testing of digital, analogue and RF parts. The role may also include supporting the hardware team with design verification testing of both new silicon and RFIC Test boards including PCB commissioning and debug.
As a member of the hardware development team, the Senior IC Test Development Engineer will be responsible for developing test solutions to production screen Hanwha Phasor’s RFICs to ensure that they meet the design specifications and quality requirements for Hanwha-Phasors’ Phased Array Antenna products. Specifically:
- To work within the ASIC & Hardware test and design teams to develop screening and test solutions for Hanwha Phasor’s in-house designed custom Ku-Band/Ka-Band RF ASICs.
- To develop and improve test platforms to screen new silicon to ensure the ASIC meets its design specifications, testing the device digital functionality and RF circuits which includes LNAs and PAs up to 15GHz.
- To configure and commission the test platforms for new silicon reviewing screening thresholds against the new part performance and yields. Where it does not perform as expected to feedback any issues to the design teams.
- To develop additional screening tests for current and future silicon parts.
- Work closely with the ASIC, hardware and software design teams to ensure effective support of the development programme.
- Designing and documenting test requirements, plans and procedures, test results and equipment setups.
- To help transition the screening platforms into volume production working with the manufacturing team and external suppliers.
- The role may also include supporting the hardware team with design verification & testing of new board assemblies and production test methodologies.
- Take responsibility for own projects and delivery to tight timescales, communicating through plans, presentations and written reports.
- The role will be based at the company’s London office.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on-time and build good working relationships with cross-functional team members and external departments.
- Excellent communication skills and team working. Self-starter, creative. Flexible can-do attitude.
- Strongly self-motivated and able to take responsibility of problems and find effective solutions
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility to go and deliver effective test solutions.
- Ability to work with and influence the design teams to include design for test and manufacture ideas.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Educated to degree or HND level in a relevant subject area such as Electronics/Electrical Engineering from a leading University.
- 3-6 years’ or more experience in a relevant industry job working on developing RFIC test solutions in the telecoms or data communications industry.
- Experience with volume production test solutions for RF semiconductor devices at package and die level in CMOS or SiGe technologies.
- Experience with National Instruments and Keysight Labview and TestStand applications and test equipment
- Understanding of IC production level qualification and process screening.
- A solid understanding of RF measurements and semiconductor device validation and characterisation.
- Strong programming and fault-finding skills for developing and debugging test programs.
- Competent with common piece of Lab Equipment – such as oscilloscopes, DVMs, RF power meter, spectrum analyser, VNAs, RF signal generators, Spectrum Analysers etc).
- Ability to capture requirements and translate them into written specifications.
- Analytical skills for development and debug of hardware and software when developing test solutions.
- Experience of schematic capture and PCB layout tools such as Altium designer or similar for development of new test boards.
- Good practical skills in electronics, soldering and mechanical assembly skills.
- In depth knowledge of Semiconductor Manufacturing Process.
- Expertise in Semiconductor Test Methodologies.
- Experience in digital test methodologies such as scan design and using scan vectors in a Labview environment
- Understanding/Experience of advanced IC packaging techniques
- Experience with wafer ATE test platforms such as: Advantest-93k, Teradyne-uFlex. Development of ATE solutions is a plus.
- Experience of test equipment solutions for either Automotive or Aerospace devices.
- Experience working with external resources and suppliers.
Hanwha Phasor’s UK Technology Centre is based in modern, open plan offices with great views, in the vibrant area of Hatton Garden, London.
For transport we have excellent connections, with Farringdon, City Thameslink and Kings Cross St Pancras over ground stations within walking distance, and Chancery Lane and Farringdon tube stations within a 5-minute walk.
There are showers, cycle racks, lockers and a coffee shop on site. A number of networking and social events run throughout the year.
We are within easy walking distance of the City, Covent Garden and Embankment – there’s plenty to do at lunchtimes and after work.
Leather Lane food market is right on our doorstep with a range of diverse food on offer. The usual chains are also close by, so we really are spoilt for choice.
Hanwha offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension
- Life insurance at 4x salary
- 25 days holiday (plus recognised public holidays) and holiday purchase scheme
- Flexible working
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme