The world is analog … or is it?
Are you bright and bold enough to change the way we think? Our cutting-edge satcom antenna for communications on the move is waiting for your expertise. Come and put your mark on the next generation of our highly integrated core IC solutions.
As the original disruptors in high performance, low profile active electronically steered antennas (AESAs), we chose an analog-intensive hybrid solution. We are the only team so far to demo multi-axis capability in real world conditions and we are closing in on our goal: enterprise-grade performance in all orbits. We will shortly be taping out the latest Rx/Tx chipset for our launch product.
That means we’re already looking ahead to the next generation solution. Some believe analogue/RF beamforming is still the best route. Others say digital. We have different solutions for different bands. But we need brilliant RF/analog ASIC engineers to challenge our opinions and help us with state-of-the-art solutions for tomorrow.
Create something new: you want a big, new assignment. We have a full ecosystem here ready and waiting for you to:
- shape the future of our products from specification and concept to product deployment
- see your work come to life with whatever tools you need and the most advanced process nodes from the world’s best foundries
- push the art of RF/analog ASIC design to the next level
- jump ahead in our fast-growing business with high-speed career progression
Take a leading role: with the big players, you play a smaller part. With us, you get cutting-edge tech, a competitive salary and the chance to participate fully – the ASIC team rotates so we learn from different tasks at each stage, collaborating across hardware, software, integration and test.
- Sit down with our ASIC characterisation team in Cambridge—put your hard work and creativity to the test
- See your circuit perform in an antenna at our lab-scale test facilities in London which include anechoic chambers and highly advanced spherical near-field scanners
This is only the beginning: we have long-term, large-scale backing from Hanwha Systems, a South Korean leader in disruptive tech with big plans. While we’re targeting land and marine applications initially, our antenna expertise is key to one of Hanwha Systems’ biggest ambitions: launching a LEO constellation from 2025 to provide inflight connectivity for manned and unmanned aircraft. That gives us global reach and funding combined with the agility of a scale-up based in the UK—the best of both worlds.
- Get all the opportunity and expertise you need to take your career where you want, long-term
Look up and lock on to a bigger, faster future
- Complex transceiver block design (up to 40 GHz) in BiCMOS, FD-SOI or other technologies
- Hands-on block- and architecture-level design including LNA, Mixer, TIA, PA, Opamp, LO and Filter
- RF/analog blocks delivery with leading-edge performance using innovative architectures and circuit implementations
- Close working with layout team on IP floor-planning, trial layout design, parasitic extraction and modification
- Co-ordination of design activities with colleagues and contractors
- Collaboration with CAD, process technology, package design and antenna teams
- Document own work and participate in design reviews
- Provide broad technical expertise and mentor junior team members
Qualifications and Skills
- A relevant degree in electronics and electrical engineering
- Depending on grade, minimum of three to ten years’ experience in RF, analog and mixed-signal IC design (preferably up to 40 GHz operating frequencies)
- Excellent understanding of state-of-the-art RF CMOS circuit design and transceiver architectures
- Track record in designing and delivering high-performance RF circuits and systems in deep sub-micron technology, with a strong analytical approach
- Advanced Cadence Virtuoso design framework experience
- Great communication skills to work and interact with engineering teams across multiple disciplines during ASIC project stream development
- Circuit design on deep sub-micron FD-SOI, and BICMOS process nodes for RF, analog and mixed-signal IPs
- EM modelling using RFPro/EMX/HFSS tools
- Mmw RF IC design
- Layout design and strategy to a high standard
- Class-AB LNA design and Class-E RF PA
- Radio systems, including gain and noise budgeting, phase noise and intermodulation mechanisms
- ESD design and strategy
- Cadence/Calibre verification tools
- Revision control systems
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension
- Life insurance at 4X annual salary
- 25 days holiday (plus recognised public holidays) and holiday purchase scheme
- Flexible working
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Training – continuing professional development to enable our people to succeed
- Generous relocation package for overseas candidates
- Visa application support and advice for you and your dependents
- Relocation package
- Interest free loans
- Ongoing advice, support group and buddy scheme
Join us in our ASIC Centre of Excellence at the UK’s Cambridge Science Park and find out.
Technology: learn fast with the original AESA disruptors for commercial enterprise applications
- Only we can deliver the AESA large enough for GEO/LEO/HEO
- Only we have demonstrated multi-axis capability in real-world conditions
Culture: the best in technology needs the best in human
- We are a diverse, friendly, hard-working crew hand-picked from all over the world—fully committed to seeing our technology succeed
- Fast application and interview process; full sponsorship for UK visas from all countries, rapidly and expertly handled
This is only the beginning …
- Our parent company, Hanwha Systems, is one of South Korea’s leaders in disruptive tech. Our AESAs are set to play a key role in its ambitious satcoms future.
- That means exposure to a wide range of challenging projects that could fuel your future, long-term
Look up and lock on to a bigger, faster future